““A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men” – Willy Wonka (1971)
What does it mean to be in a ‘Mania’ phase? (prepare for a something long..)
According to WedMd:
“If you have three or more of the mania symptoms below most of the day — nearly every day — for one week or longer, you may be having a manic episode of bipolar disorder:
- Excessive happiness, hopefulness, and excitement
- Sudden changes from being joyful to being irritable, angry, and hostile
- Restlessness, increased energy, and less need for sleep
- Rapid talk, talkativeness
- Racing thoughts
- High sex drive
- Tendency to make grand and unattainable plans
- Tendency to show poor judgment, such as impulsively deciding to quit a job
- Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity — unrealistic beliefs in one’s ability, intelligence, and powers; may be delusional
- Increased reckless behaviors (such as lavish spending sprees, impulsive sexual indiscretions, abuse of alcohol or drugs, or ill-advised business decisions)”
BOO-YAH! I drop some knowledge on you! Harvarrrdd!
I ask you, where’s the bad at? Where is the part where I go ‘oh no! please not the mania phase! Anything but that!!’, but I guess the bad thing about it is, this side doesn’t last, and soon will come dark times. Its not like I can perform super forever.
To tell you the truth, I don’t know what my Mania phase is. I’m always angry, moody, irritated distracted, make awesome GRAND plans, mood swings, and restless thoughts.
What is that called WedMd, huh?, Mister-BIG-site?!? who do you think you are…
When I feel like this, I feel invincible. That I can do whatever I want, when ever I want, but I think I’m not only bringing myself into this Mania fog, I’m bringing my fiance. He’s the kind of person to go along with me, to make me feel like what I’m doing is right. God bless him, but I need to get a hold of this, so we’re both stable.
Now, that I have finally been given a face to a demon that probably been with me for a long time, how do I handle it? How can I get through this phase when I know dumps-ville is right around the corner. It’s genetic right? Or is my mind making this all up?
Well…CHEERS! here’s to MANIA, and all its ugly faces.
At least I’ll get shit done.
Want to read up on Mania, visit the WedMd page, but remember that isn’t a doctor. Visit your local therapist for more info. http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/guide/hypomania-mania-symptoms